My name is Vidhi Doshi and I'm 27 years old. I have always loved eating but wasn't into cooking till I turned 21-22. I'd had a major fall and couldn't roam around as much so hence started my journey of cooking food at home. It started out pretty tough to be honest. I even had to measure salt because I couldn't figure out how much I would need! Slowly, honing my skills, I got better. I have completed my Bachelor's in Law but
I knew I wanted to be in the food space and that's where my "instablog" Ramenhairedgirl comes from.
I love vegan food and honestly, the options are endless. Even though I'm not a full-time vegan, half my meals are. I realised very later on in life that I'm sensitive to lactose. So trying to incorporate more vegan options into my food really helped with lactose intolerance. I was skeptic when it came to vegan food but now I've grown to appreciate what it does to my body and love it !!
From the various benefits of clean eating to better skin, digestion and overall health, I feel better, my mood is better. From curries to rice to plant-based proteins, the possibilities are endless.
The recipe I have shared is one of my favourites. Its quick barely takes 15 minutes to prepare and is insanely delicious. I love any form of noodles and any sauce, so this actually was a pantry clean up a recipe that turned out so well that I stuck with it! Added tofu gives it the protein needed and voila, the savoury sweet noodles are ready!
Recipe: Black pepper tofu and veggie noodles :)
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp oil + 2 tsp oil
2 dried red chillies
1 tsp minced ginger
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp plain flour
Handful spring onion greens
Salt to taste
100g dried noodles - boiled
2 tsp oil
1/3 cup broccoli florets
1 carrot, julienned
2 spring onion whites, sliced
1/2 tbsp vegan hoisin sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
Salt and pepper to taste
brown sugar, if needed to cut down the salt.
- Press down the tofu and coat it with the flour and salt.
- Heat 2 tsp oil In a pan, add the tofu and cook till golden brown. Take it off the heat.
- In the same pan, heat 2 tsp oil, add the garlic ginger and dried red chilli. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the tofu, pepper and toss for 2 minutes.
- Now add the spring onion greens, mix and done! Keep aside.
- In a pan heat 2 more tsp oil. Once the oil is hot add your veggies- onion, broccoli and carrot. Stir fry on high flame for 2 mins.
- Add the noodles and the ingredients for the sauce - hoisin, light and dark soy and sesame oil.
- Mix it well on a high flame till the sauce caramelises, for about 2-3 mins. Adjust with a little salt pepper and brown sugar.
- Toss in the spring onions and you’re done!
- Serve hot with the tofu!